Skip to main content

Day 225/365: Emerging From Hibernation

It was a little warmer today. In fact, it was almost springlike. The boys had their swimming lessons so  Bear and I took a trip to the park. It was a great opportunity for me to try the Tamron outdoors.

Bear fancied a little witchcraft before we left. I love the photos that I get from this window. It helps that the view is out onto the road because the kids always look interested in something out there. She is not actually looking at her reflection but it sort of looks that way.



I found that it took a lot of courage to get the camera out today. The new lens is huge and draws a lot of attention. I was also very conscious of the fact that it would be pretty devastating if I damaged it in any way. 


After a slight crisis of confidence I told myself that there is no point in having it if I don't use it. So out it came. People did stare though. A lot. 




I have been trying out some new things and I have learned a bit about controlling individual colours in Lightroom. The grass was a bit yucky and lifeless today so I jazzed it up a bit. I like the way it came out. I am loving Lightroom more and more as I learn about new skills. It really is a lovely programme. I just wish that I had more time to learn how to get the most out of it. I have now downloaded Photoshop, but I don't think I will be using it for quite a while. 


I loved watching Bear climb these rocks and getting all muddy. She didn't want to leave to go home for lunch. 


I somehow persuaded her that Daddy and the boys would love to see the big stick we found. 


I adore this lens. It is so good to be able to zoom in and out without worrying about the aperture changing. It really is so much sharper than my 50mm. It is so useful for days out like this but the weight, size and cost of damage might make me hesitate. My poor 50mm is likely to be gathering some dust from now on.

Comments