Skip to main content

Day 68: Toying With New Subjects

I returned home late again tonight after a training day in London. The kids routine had been messed up a bit and they wanted to tell me all about their day. It just didn't feel right to whip the camera out and interrupt their flow. I was aware that this would mean no one to photograph and very poor light. Not to worry, there is always something to take a picture of. 

This is Jasmine. She is very difficult to photograph for lots of different reasons. She REALLY moves about a lot. It was a good opportunity for me to try out a back button focus idea that I read here. I switched the shooting mode to Al Servo and kept my finger pressed on the BBF. I think that it worked pretty well. I am looking forward to trying it out on the kids tomorrow. 

f/2.5; 1/200; ISO 800

It will come as no surprise to anyone that I love the idea of photographing toys. I could not be more in love with Melissa Gibson's toy project. It has inspired me to take pictures of the kid's favourite toys and creations. She even went so far a to make a photo book of favourite toys for her girls. I just love that. It would be a brilliant way to make them feel more involved in my photography. 

I found this lone ranger on their floor this evening.

f/1.8; 1/60; ISO 200

Comments