Skip to main content

Days 32-37/365: Silence, Contours and Space

It has been a wonderful week on the 20 Day Challenge that I am taking part in, although it has taken up all of my time leaving none for posting here on the blog. The themes have been lots of fun and very helpful in stirring up some creative ideas for me.

Day 32 - Reflection. It is fair to say that I had a lot of fun with this one. I am loving how that matte effect looks on black and white too.








Day 33 - Silence.

I had a hard time with this one, because how do you photograph silence? In the end I went with this one along with the caption Silence occurs in the moment between the drops. I had to take well over a 100 shots to get the drops just as I wanted them. I also played around with different lighting but one studio light to the side worked best as it gave the droplets some definition.






Day 34 - Red

I was tired and not really in the mood to be creative with this one. So I took the easy option with a quick iPhone shot on the way home from work. I was happy to play around with my off camera flash when I got home. I am loving that thing. It's amazing!






Day 35 - Colours

We had the option to go with any colour we liked and so I stuck mostly with the red theme.





Day 36 - Space. I went with negative space for this one.





Day 37 - Contours. This one gave me the push I needed to have a go at silhouettes, which was fun. The vase below has been given the beatnik blues preset that I am so fond of right now. I remove the grain though.










The challenge continues.

Comments