Skip to main content

Day 193/365: Magic the Gathering

Magic the Gathering is a new game in our house. There is something about the artwork on the cards and the fantasy of the game that grabbed Roo's interest immediately. He was desperate for a pack of cards for Christmas and talked about it with great excitement in the weeks leading up to the big day. I think that he was more excited about those cards than the guitar he asked Santa for. I had to do a bit of research before committing to buying because the pack states that it is for players aged 13+. From what I understand this is due to the artwork being a bit intense and the game being quite complicated. My husband has confirmed that it is indeed quite complicated... but they are enjoying figuring it out together. 

This evening I came home from work to find them trying to learn and understand the game.

f/2; 1/125/ ISO 1600

f/2; 1/125/ ISO 1600

f/2; 1/125/ ISO 1600

f/2; 1/125/ ISO 1600


f/2; 1/125/ ISO 1600

 Rexy was far to tired for all of that. He had a couple of stories and drifted off to sleep.

f/2; 1/80/ ISO 1600

This, by the way, is the lovely fox that my mother bought me for Christmas. I love foxes and this little guy is the sweetest. He is looking after my photography books for me. 

f/2; 1/125/ ISO 1600

Comments