Skip to main content

Day 294/365: Whitstable Beach

As planned I went 100% RAW today. Luckily we had planned a family meet up in Whitstable, one of our favourite places, and there were lots of opportunities to take some memorable pictures. Granny L rented a cottage by the sea for the weekend and we joined her and Aunty G for lunch and a stroll on the beach. It was a blustery day!

I was very aware that I am now using much bigger files, which made me a bit more selective about what photos I kept. On the whole I think that is a good thing. I also noticed that the camera took longer to process images and even froze a couple of times. I don't think that it would cope well with a prolonged period of burst mode. Things felt a little different from an editing point of view too but I can't quite put my finger on how. I was aware that it was up to me to do things like add sharpening and contrast and I guess that I was conscious of the need to do this to every picture. On the whole, it just felt that I could push each of the sliders without the photos starting to break down and start looking a bit... crappy.

















Rexy came down with a temperature towards the end of the day. It looks like stormy seas ahead for us. 





I am feeling very positive about the switch to RAW so far. I can't imagine every switching back. 

Comments