Skip to main content

Day 125/365: Up Close With Skylander's Trap Team

It's Friday night, which means that this is a short and sweet post.

It was a rainy school run this morning and Bear and I were very pleased to get home to a bit of knitting for me and cloud dough for her. We also spent some time watching Tangled, which was brilliant. I took this picture with my phone. I still haven't mastered the art of phone photography. It is good for capturing the moment though. 


Speaking of which, I just found this one of Bear that I took on another rainy day last week. She is just so cute in her little rain suit. 


Anyway, I ceased the opportunity to take some up close shots. I like body crop pictures and hand shots. Their hands won't be this small forever and I want to remember them. I used the grey card for white balance and exposure. Hardly any editing used here. 

I also took a picture in RAW, just to see what it was like. I know that you only see the benefit of RAW when you edit it using the correct software. I deleted it straight away because it looked no different and I know that it uses up a lot of memory on my card. Nonetheless I see it as a first tentative step in an exciting direction. One day soon I will shoot in RAW, even if it is just to have a proper look at it. I need to get my head around the editing first. 

f/2; 1/160; ISO 1600

f/2; 1/250; ISO 1600

The boys were over the moon that their new game, Skylander's Trap Team, arrived. They had saved up some money from their grandparents. I have no interest in the game itself but I do like the cute little characters and the whole concept of the Portal of Power. It's cool!! 

You can see by the numbers that it was very dark. The noise was indeed hiding in the shadows. 

f/2; 1/60; ISO 3200

f/1.8; 1/50; ISO 3200



Comments